Capturing video (or at least one frame) inside Rev

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Thu May 16 17:14:01 EDT 2002

>I'm writing a proposal for a job which will involve a program capturing an
>image at odd intervals (a long time apart, eg 5-15 minutes).  I've
>established that I can do all the other things necessary in Revolution, so
>it's a candidate; but I've not found a way to do this part of the job.
>
>Given a QuickTime-recognised video source, is there a built-in way in Rev to
>capture a frame and save it out as a file, named under program control?
>
>If not, does anyone know of any plug-ins that give access to the sequence
>grabber?
>
>Or can anyone suggest alternative approaches (AppleScript to some nice
>cooperative app?)?
>
>This has to work in the background, without doing anything on the screen.
>
>By default, this is to work on MacOS - it would be nice to keep options for
>other MacOS X, Windows open, but not critical.
>
>TIA,
>
>   Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
>   Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
>   http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866

Check out QTgrabber (Mac only XFCN) at...
<http://www.medienwerkstatt-online.de/public/binaries/qtgrabber/QTGrabber
Demo.hqx>.
Dr Terry Judd

Lecturer in Instructional Design / Multimedia Developer
Biomedical Multimedia Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne
Email: t.judd at bmu.unimelb.edu.au
Phone: 03 9344 0187
Fax: 03 9344 4998