Capturing video (or at least one frame) inside Rev

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu May 16 07:28:01 EDT 2002

I'm writing a proposal for a job which will involve a program capturing an
image at odd intervals (a long time apart, eg 5-15 minutes).  I've
established that I can do all the other things necessary in Revolution, so
it's a candidate; but I've not found a way to do this part of the job.

Given a QuickTime-recognised video source, is there a built-in way in Rev to
capture a frame and save it out as a file, named under program control?

If not, does anyone know of any plug-ins that give access to the sequence
grabber?

Or can anyone suggest alternative approaches (AppleScript to some nice
cooperative app?)?

This has to work in the background, without doing anything on the screen.

By default, this is to work on MacOS - it would be nice to keep options for
other MacOS X, Windows open, but not critical.

TIA,

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866