memory use in Standalones

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Wed May 15 11:17:00 EDT 2002

It is difficult to judge what causes the long loading time without
knowing the structure of your stack, but there are some general
recommendations:

- do not import images into you stack, reference them by filename

- do not import sound and movie files

- break up your stack into two or more stacks

- as a standalone choose a small "front" stack, from which you call the
other stacks

- set "dontuseQT" to true in the openstack handler, because it takes
extra time to load Quicktime (you can still use visual effects without
Quicktime).

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke