Convert date and time to a number to chart

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed May 15 11:16:01 EDT 2002

Sarah,

Any chance I could see your script? I can't seem to get the convert
command to work on variables. I have a tab delimited log file in a field
with a date stamp followed by a time stamp (24 hour time) and if I
concatenate the two items and then convert it simply doesn't do
anything. This also fails when trying it in the message box. If I put
the actual text it works. If I specify convert to the field it changes
the entry in the field (which I don't want to do). If I put the items in
a variable it does nothing.

The data looks like this:
Directory	Dir1-Finger	dir1.jpl.nasa.gov	generic	UP	5/11/2002	0:0:11	631 631
Directory	Dir1-Finger	dir1.jpl.nasa.gov	generic	UP	5/11/2002	0:10:12	602 603
Directory	Dir1-Finger	dir1.jpl.nasa.gov	generic	UP	5/11/2002	0:20:12	610 610

Bill