embedded media & controls

Shao Sean shaosean at unitz.ca
Mon May 13 06:43:01 EDT 2002

> Actually, I think Windows setups default to using E as the CD drive even if

if there's only one partition i believe it just uses the next letter (HD=C:, CD=E:).. then there's people like me with 2 partitions and 2 CD drives (C:, D:, E:, F:).. i've also been known to setup the CD drives as Y: and Z: that way installing new drives/partitions will not bump the CD drives to a different letter and mess up all that install/uninstall information that gets hardcoded into the registry and uninstall log files (i miss the mac)..

i realize that what i do isn't something joe-blow home user or corporate user will be doing, but there's a few geeks out there that do, so be prepared for anything =)