Array

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun May 5 15:58:01 EDT 2002

Yves,

I was assuming that you were having an equal number based on the example you
submitted.

If there are going to be unequal divisions, I would recommend storing your
index value in another custom property (like 'cName[index]') and then
increment that with each "record". So instead of this:

  put the number of lines of keys(cName) into numKeys
  put (numKeys/2)+1 into nextIndexNum
  set the cName[student,nextIndexNum] of <object> to "Peter"

You'd do this:

  put the cName[index] of <object> +1 into nextIndexNum
  set the sName[student,nextIndexNum] of <object> to "Peter"
  set the cName[index] of <object> to nextIndexNum

Just my $0.02,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com