sockets - opening and closing

Shao Sean shaosean at unitz.ca
Fri May 3 21:41:00 EDT 2002

> I've seen this kind of thing when the server is the same computer.
i'm on the server machine (server and client same machine) and another
client in australia (can't physically get further away from me then that ;-)

--
> Could the server have put you on a black list?
i don't have any such feature... yet =)

--
> Are you sure you are closing?  Maybe you have hit the max number of
closing yes, there's only myself and matt on the server, plus there's no
internally coded limit to the number of users available to connect

--
> For what I have seen with the same-computer problem, just dragging
maybe i'll just throw in a dummy handler before calling the open socket..?

--
> I'll look at that.  Or do you have a better stack for demonstrating
we had both used tuviah's excellent client/server while we were developing
our own (which hasn't been released) and now we use our client/server..

--
> That is where I have seen problems.
> It is not consistent machine to machine.
is anything? ;-)