MOD function does not work! So be warned!

Ian Summerfield iansummerfield at btconnect.com
Thu Mar 28 22:55:01 EST 2002

The code I give here might look inefficient, the code comes from a large
project, so there are reasons for doing it this way!

It's just taken me several hours to figure out why my code wasn't working,
and it turns out to be a bug in Revolution.

Revolution 1.1.1b2 (OS X 10.1.3) seems to think 5 mod 5 = 5 whereas it is
zero.

Try this code:

on mouseup
  put 235 into startPoint
  put 255 into endPoint
  put 0.1 into increment
  put empty into msg
  put startPoint into loop
  repeat while loop<=endPoint
    put loop && loop mod 5 & return after msg
    add increment to loop
  end repeat
end mouseup

It will output to the message box a list of numbers.  The loop counter is on
each line followed by a space and the loop mod 5.

Here's my output:

235 0   <<<<---- correct
235.1 0.1
235.2 0.2