extracting hypercard picts

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Mar 28 13:04:07 EST 2002

Mark,

For graphics in the resource fork of a HyperCard stack, you can use
GraphicConverter (I use 4.2). Go to File -> Convert... In the Filter popup
on the left, choose "PICT from Resource", and in the Dest Format popup
select either JPG or PNG (unless you know they're 256 colors or less, in
which case you can choose GIF as well). You should be able to create a batch
which will convert them all.

In SuperCard, you can create an SC script that will use the "export
pictureData" command:

  export pictureData of <grcDescriptor> to jpeg file <filePath>

Hope this helps,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com