Comparisons with Flash MX?

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Wed Mar 27 22:35:01 EST 2002

On Wednesday, March 27, 2002, at 11:25 AM, Peter Reid wrote:

>> It also continues to suffer from file size limitations. After 4-5
>> meg ... it's done.
>
> In what way is 4-5 meg a limit - you can't make files larger or they
> simply don't work??

Flash has always had a "choke point". Yes, you can make files larger,
but they start to deteriorate around 4.5 megs. Poor reaction, failed
image loads, audio lags. Certain types of applications can take a bit
more before exhibiting these issues, others a bit less. We have not
tested this limit in MX, because or Flash5 workflow process just
continues into MX. Our current projects are designed to accommodate
these issues. The typical work-around for the issue is to break a single
project into a number of linked movie clips.

--
Troy
RPSystems