UDP Broadcast (was Re: Program Linking)

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Thu Mar 21 16:07:01 EST 2002

On 20/3/02 7:49 am, Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

>> This was just a chance occurrance, though, because things like this
>> are not guaranteed to happen: we still have not received a bug report
>> on this issue, and if things are not reported they will often just
>> slip through the cracks...
>
> I would like to do my part in this machinery, especially concerning
> features important to me.
>
> I have seen indications that Revolution bug reports should go to
> support at runrev.com and I have seen indications that they should go
> to improve-revolution.  I somewhat go back and forth depending on
> what I read last, but lean toward improve-revolution because I'm
> not sure whether I'm doing something dumb or for some other reason
> a discussion would help.  Maybe I should send them to
> improve-revolution and then based on discussion send them on to
> support.  I'm willing to do what I can to help people confirm a
> bug.  What is the right way to report bugs, Runtime Revolution?
>
> I think I should look at the MC Starter Kit, too.  If there is a
> mechanism for MC Starter Kit users to report bugs, then I might do
> that (if appropriate).

Bugs posted to improve-revolution or to support at runrev.com will not be
missed.  Bugs posted to use-revolution get processed if we have time,
usually we do not, at least it delays them by some time.  The only advantage
to using support at runrev.com is that if you are a pro user you can use the
subject line included in your pro sign up letter to get a quick reply.
Improve-revolution allows for discussion with others.  This system is going
to be changed slightly with more clearly defined bug reporting methods for
pro / other users.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.