More Fun with mouseMove

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Mar 20 16:07:01 EST 2002

In the quest for ever more easy/efficient scripts, the following seems
to work very well for a custom stack drag routine.  Just place this
script in a button and you should be off and dragging.

on mouseDown
   set the uAllowDrag of me to true
end mouseDown

on mouseMove x,y
   if not the uAllowDrag of me then exit mouseMove
   put globalLoc(x & "," & y) into tLoc
   set topLeft of this stack to \
       item 1 of tLoc - item 1 of the clickLoc,\
       item 2 of tLoc - item 2 of the clickLoc
end mouseMove

on mouseUp
   set the uAllowDrag of me to empty
end mouseUp

on mouseRelease
   mouseUp
end mouseRelease

Note: I can't recall if MC Corp wants to eliminate the screenMouseLoc
function; if not, then the mouseMove handler could be written with one
less line:

on mouseMove
   if not the uAllowDrag of me then exit mouseMove
   set topLeft of this stack to \
       item 1 of the screenMouseLoc - item 1 of the clickLoc,\
       item 2 of the screenMouseLoc - item 2 of the clickLoc
end mouseMove

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director, Tactile Media