a tip for newbies (like me)

Klaus Major k_major at osnabrueck.netsurf.de
Wed Mar 20 15:35:00 EST 2002

Hi Dar,

> I'm a newbie, too, and I'm wondering.  Could there be a bug in
> Revolution on Windows?  Could you have left out URL in the above
> examples?
>
> It seems to me that these would be the same:
>   put "file:" & it into field "myField"
>   put ("file:" & it) into field "myField"

Since this is not the "official" syntax, i cannot say what going on
here ;-)

> And these would be the same:
>   put URL "file:" & it into field "myField"
>   put URL ("file:" & it) into field "myField"

The "url" syntax is the "official" one ;-)

The keyword "url" exspects 1 (one) string as an argument.

So you have to use the brackets for the 2 strings to be concatenated
BEFORE
the engine processes the keyword and the (single!) argument and delivers
the exspected result.

> The two groups would put different values into the field.
>
> If this is not the case, I need help in understanding evaluation in
> commands.  Help!
>
> Dar Scott

Hope this helps.

Best from germany