(no subject)

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Wed Mar 20 01:45:01 EST 2002

on 3/19/02 4:05 PM, Martin Baxter at martin at atwork.bdx.co.uk wrote:

> The solution is surely for the application to not do that in the first
> place. I can't believe it's really necessary, and it makes your computer
> crash.
----------
I'm sure it has much to do with Rev's UI and extensive libraries, together
with it's cross-platform abilities. It has to cover a lot of ground, as I
said before. It's probably a sacrifice that needed to be made for OS X, too,
according to Scott R. It's almost impossible to make it do all that and run
perfectly on old Macs with low memory as well. I don't know of another dev
tool that does as much. But, I do agree, they should leave another way out,
trap for low memory and give a warning dialog or something, before it causes
a crash, or, at the least, tell the whole truth about how much memory you'll
need for a given machine and OS.
> Anyway I thought of an even better solution - I erased Revolution from the
> Quadra - no more problem. Everything happy now. Aaahh.
See, I...never mind...I won't say it...

All the best,
Ken N.