UDP Broadcast (was Re: Program Linking)

Scott Raney raney at metacard.com
Tue Mar 19 19:28:01 EST 2002

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

(snip)

> If this works, I like this better, because I have no idea whether
> the read from an "accept datagram" is supposed to work and will
> work later or on other platforms.

You don't read from a accept-datagram socket: the data is delivered
with the message.

> Part of my problem in thinking about this is not knowing if OS X
> UDP will be fixed next week, in six months or never.

How about "Three days ago"?  It's fixed in MC 2.4.2 beta 3.
Unfortunately you can't use that engine with RR yet, but they're
supposed to start their own beta testing on their next release using
that engine RSN.

This was just a chance occurrance, though, because things like this
are not guaranteed to happen: we still have not received a bug report
on this issue, and if things are not reported they will often just
slip through the cracks...
  Regards,
    Scott

Scott Raney  raney at metacard.com  http://www.metacard.com