Am I the only one? (wasRe: Something strange... )

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Mar 19 16:22:01 EST 2002

On Tuesday, March 19, 2002, at 12:46 PM, Rob Cozens wrote:

> Personally, I'm waiting for you to beat all the bugs out of socket
> connections before I ever go there, Dar.            :{`)

Is that tongue in cheek?

As far as I know TCP works OK.  (Though there is some doubt about
socketError.)  It is not (yet) possible to set the local port, but
for 95% of the usages, that is not needed.  The chat example is a
good illustration of using TCP and includes a server (which many
applications don't need).

Most of the problems I have noted are with UDP on my OS X system,
my primary computer and where I first installed Revolution.

I have not found a general method to get the local IP address that
I like.

But overall, I think Revolution sockets are OK.  I'd be outa here,
if I didn't think so.

I'm currently beating on process read/write and serial I/O is
getting nervous.   (I can get around some problems in fluff, both
in the engine and in the development environment, but I have core
needs.)

Dar Scott