Am I the only one? (wasRe: Something strange... )

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Mar 19 13:30:01 EST 2002

On Sunday, March 17, 2002, at 01:38 PM, Alexander Liden wrote:
> I have still another question. Is Revolution version 1.1 (or 1.1.1) a
> stable product. Many times I get errors from Revolution even when I'm
> doing exactly by the manual. It's all right to have birth trouble,
> every
> new product has it, but I would like to know if other people experience
> the unstability of Revolution or am I the only one.

You are not alone.  I am new to Revolution and I have had trouble
with the "unstability of Revolution."

Of course, some of the time I have probably inadvertently said,
"Revolution, please lock up."  However, some crashes are not mine.
And little querks are not mine.

You are right about "birth trouble".  Revolution is
multidimensional as far as development goes and growth on one front
can affect another.

Circumstances have trained the experienced user to certain
methods.  Newbies like us play an important role; we naively try
things different ways; more than trying things, we click on cards
or buttons in a weird order and strange things happen.  Bugs that
an experienced user will never find we find.

My strategy is to watch the Revolution discussion lists while
learning Revolution.

There is a story about a Baptist preacher, a priest and a rabbi who
went fishing at a small pond.  At one point the priest stood up and
said he was going to try the other side.  He walked across the
surface of the pond to the other side and dropped his line into the
pond.  A moment later the rabbi said he would do the same.  And he
did.  The preacher stood there with his eyes open wide and then
decided if they could do it, he could.  With one step he fell into
the pond.  The priest turned to the rabbi and said, "Do you think
we should have told him where the stones are?"

Well, I, for one, appreciate those on this list letting us know
where the stones are.

Dar Scott
Revolution Newbie