system bloat problem with rev on 68K mac

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Sun Mar 17 17:22:01 EST 2002

At 4:09 PM +0000 3/17/02, Martin Baxter wrote:
>The system is 7.6.1 and usually uses 5-6 megs of ram out of a total of 40
>megs (36physical and 4 virtual).
>The system consumes about 24 megs in the process of loading revolution
>completely.

You could probably up this to 64MB without taking a performance hit from Revolution, and that would likely be enough memory to keep it happy even with the docs open.

The documentation stacks are large, and Revolution was originally designed to work on systems with robust virtual memory. Which, I am sad to say as a long-time Mac user, does not include System 7.6.1. Or 8, or 9.

Before any Mac users grow too concerned, many applications built with Revolution will require far less memory than the development environment itself.

regards,

Geoff