stopping shutdown on Mac OS 9

Brad Allen BradAllen at mac.com
Wed Mar 13 22:11:01 EST 2002

I'm building a Rev standalone for Mac OS 9 PPC which I'd like to put
in the Shutdown Items of Mac OS 9 and have it run before the computer
shuts down. What happens, however, is that my standalone gets
launched and then immediately quits as the OS tries to shut down all
running apps.

How can I get my standalone to protest the shutdown, as do other apps
that happen to have open unsaved documents? (I tried throwing up a
modal dialog, but that didn't stop the shutdown.)

Thanks...