Sound Recording on Windows Platform

Kim L. Smith Kim_Smith at byu.edu
Wed Mar 13 11:39:01 EST 2002

Has anyone had success in recording sound using the "record sound"
command in Revolution? I have tried it on three different computers
using Win Me, Win 2000 and Win XP and only get a noise that sounds like
a lion growling under its breath. Sounds recorded with sound recorder
play back fine. My application in oral language testing requires
controlling the recording with a script in Revolution. It works fine in
ToolBook.

I also need a countdown timer function if anyone has any ideas. I need
to use it for both Mac and PC so it can't be an XCMD, I think.

Mr. Kim L. Smith
Humanities Research Center
3060 JKHB
Brigham Young University