Scanning machines on a network

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Mar 12 18:05:01 EST 2002

There has been an alternative approach suggested:

    put hostnametoaddress(hostName()) into myIP

but I found this didn't give any result as my hostName() is always empty.
This may be because I am running on a LAN with a single IP address but
multiple local addresses.

I too worried about the etiquette of connecting to an external server but I
don't do it often and I spread the queries around several sites.

Cheers,
Sarah