Standalone -vs- RevPlayer

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Wed Mar 6 10:26:01 EST 2002

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if a "generic" standalone could be made that would run any
".rev" stack. This approach would be similar to how HyperCard has a player
app that will run most HC stacks. It just seems that we are putting so much
redundant data in standalones. Two megs per app begins to add up. This
player app of course would have to include "everything" except the DEV
tools. It would need all libraries, image sets, the Rev UI, etc. This would
allow internet downloads of stacks to be much quicker for users on dial-up.
Of course if you are selling the app, standalones may be a better way
because of the protections you can incorporate. Any thoughts?

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>