Time Field (Please Help)

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Mar 4 15:32:00 EST 2002

>With the *cancel* command, you can cancel your send command(s) in a closecard
>script.

Thanks Ted,

I suspected Scott wouldn't leave me holding the shot gun (or vice grips)
when I needed the laser-targeting scope rifle.  However, the original script

>on updateTime
>  put the long time into me
>  send updateTime to me in 1 second
>end updateTime

 must then be modified along the lines of

on updateTime
  global lastMessageId
  put the long time into me
  send updateTime to me in 1 second
  put the result into lastMessageId -- does the queue id get updated
correctly here?
end updateTime

on closeStack
  global lastMessageId
  cancel lastMessageId
end closeStack

My questions, again, are:

1.  Once the original handler runs once, will it continue to send an
updateTime message every second until the RR engine quits regardless of
what card or stack is in the current window?

2.  Will my modified handler correctly capture the queue id of the last
sent message?  If not, how does one capture the result when one uses "send
....in..."?

3.  Wouldn't the other script I posted

>on updateTime
>   if there is a field "Now" then
>      put the long time into field "Now"
>      send updateTime to field "Now" in 1 second
>  end if
>end updateTime

Effectively stop any further updateTime messages from being sent once the
user leaves the current card or stack?

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company