HELP French accents

alain.vezina%logilangue.com alain.vezina at logilangue.com
Mon Mar 4 09:48:01 EST 2002

Is there a way to deal with accents on letters (I am a french speaking)
when making a sort or when finding in
a listField?

Finding a  french word with some letters having accent is not a problem
when I use the messagebox. But it doesn't
work when I use the find command in a handler.

For example, I wrote a script to find some words in a field. If I am
looking for "réparateur" and word "rendez-vous"

comes first in the list, I will find word "réparateur" only when "rép" (
the third letter) is typed.

There are also problems when a sort is executed in a listfield.

Alain Vezina