How to use tab UI widgets?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Mon Mar 4 04:56:01 EST 2002

At 11:50 PM -0800 3/3/2002, Sam Griffith wrote:
>I'm wondering how I use the tab widgets.  I create the widget, then drag
>some UI elements on to page 1 and now want to go to page 2 and do the same.

The simplest way:

1. Drag your widgets for tab 1 onto the window and arrange them as desired,
then group them. Name the group the same as the name of tab 1 (for example,
if your tabs are "Foo", "Bar", and "Bas", name the first group "Foo").

Repeat for each tab: that is, create a group for each tab that contains the
objects you want for the tab.

2. Put this handler into the tab button's script:

  on menuPick chosenTab,previousTab
    lock screen
    show group chosenTab
    hide group previousTab
  end menuPick

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!