zip command?

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Fri Jun 28 06:08:01 EDT 2002

I want to make sure I understand this...

[1]
Chipp wants  to take a folder of compressed  files and create a
single .zip file

IOW he has a few compressed files inside a folder and wants to zip them all
into one zip file.

[2]
The proposed answer seems to be:
  put compress(field "Outgoing") into URL "binfile:data.gz"

Does this mean that one reads all these compressed files
into this field and then compresses that field?

When you decompress this data.gz, will you then have separate
compressed files?

Sorry if I am being a bit dense here...     :-/

atb

sims