Newbie question

Glen L. Bledsoe glenbledsoe at mac.com
Sun Jun 23 12:11:01 EDT 2002

Hello:

I've just started using Revolution, and I've got a few easy to answer
questions. I'm coming from a background of HyperCard and SuperCard, so
I'm not having too much trouble picking Revolution up. It was a bit of a
shock not to have data saved automatically as it is in HyperCard and
SuperCard, but the Rinaldi plugin works great.

First question: If I create a stack in which the user creates new cards
within that stack, will those new cards be saved? My brief
experimentation doesn't indicate that.

Second question: I want to create a stack in which the user can type in
a field and change the font, size and style. I can create those menus,
but I don't know what scripts to put in them. (I do know how to handle
this in SuperCard, and of course HyperCard created its own menus.) There
are examples of interesting stacks on the website, but it would be nice
just to have a very basic example stack that handled basic menus of what
anybody might find in a basic text editor.

Third question: In the Rinaldi plugin, revPrefsBuilder 1.2, the
preference file is placed (on a Mac anyway) in the System Folder's
Preference folder. How would the script need to be changed to place the
preferences inside the folder with the application. I can see problems
where someone is moving a stack from computer to computer and the data
doesn't follow the stack because it's buried in the System Folder. If it
were in the same folder as the stack, copying the folder would do the
trick.

Thanks,
Glen L. Bledsoe