Observations Re: Images

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Jun 23 10:19:13 EDT 2002

>A resizeIcon property would be useful, but if it resizes the image, then one
>has the caveat that if you want to use it in other instances at a different
>size... what happens?

Thanks Sivakatirswami,

I see two issues here:

1.  All buttons in the same stack that use the same image would have
to have their resizeIcon to true; otherwise those that didn't would
display the icon (or a portion of it) at whatever size it was last
displayed.

2.  There is a potential problem if an icon appears on cards in two
stacks that are open at the same time.  I was waiting to test that if
I couldn't come up with a better solution.

Right now I'm only talking about three small images...it seems
simpler to place the images in each substack than to script a complex
solution.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company