setting customProperties from within one

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Jun 21 21:13:00 EDT 2002

Monte,

Normally, you can trigger a setProp in another object; you just can't
trigger any setProps in the object you're in. For example, suppose you had
two buttons with the following scripts:

-- Button 1

setProp age
  answer "Age"
  set the lemon of button 2 to 1
end age

-- Button 2

setProp lemon
  answer "Lemon"
end lemon

If you do:

   set the age of btn 1 to 10

You will get two dialogs: "Age" and "Lemon".

However, there is a workaround that will let you trigger another setProp in
the *SAME* object... here's the script:

-- Button 1
setProp age
  answer "Age"
  send "set the lemon of me to 1" to me in 10 milliseconds
  pass age
end age

setProp lemon
  answer "Lemon"
end lemon

If you do:

  set the age of btn 1 to 10

You'll get the same two dialogs: "Age" and "Lemon".

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next version of MC/Rev.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/