shareware/demoware

Ivers, Doug E Doug_Ivers at lord.com
Fri Jun 21 09:50:01 EDT 2002

I'm actually not interested in thwarting crackers.  I don't think more than 1% of my target audience even know that they can go to certain web sites and look for unlock codes for a particular piece of software.

All I'm interested in is preventing a customer (who has paid me and has a valid unlock code) from giving the unlocked copy to a friend (or just sending them the username and unlock code).  I certainly want to prevent this in the windows world, and if possible, also for Mac and other OS's.

Can I do this with Rev?  Seems to me that I need access to the hard drive serial number or something similar.

-- D
doug_ivers at lord.com

(you can blame me for starting this huge thread)