archive duplication

Dave Calkins davecalk at surfbest.net
Thu Jun 20 08:16:01 EDT 2002

I copied the archives to a word processor so that I could read through them at
night in bed. Great bed time reading I know. I have read through last novembers
archive (all 635 pages) and found that there is a tremendous amount of
duplication of files which does not appear to be someone quoting the original
source. It makes it hard to read and hard to search for a particular thread.
Maybe this have already been addressed in later archives, but if not, why not
save only the digest version to the actual archive, not every message and the
digest. Even that did not seem to explain all of the duplicated posts.

Dave Calkins