Volume names

Klaus Major kmajor at metascape.org
Tue Jun 18 06:44:01 EDT 2002

Hi Richard,

> I need to find out whether a particular CD is currently loaded on a
> Windows
> machine. The volumes() function works fine on a Mac, but on a PC it only
> gives me the drive letters...not the full names of the volumes. How
> can I
> get that info?
>
> Thanks.
> Richard Miller

i am not quite sure, but i think the names of volumes are just a
cosmetic thing on windows...

Try to check it there is a specific file or folder on these volumes,
maybe with a repeat-loop.

Best in reverse order, since it is most likely that a: is the diskette
and that will be
the slowest (and will make some terrible noise when checking ;-).

Hope that helps

Klaus Major
kmajor at metascape.org