custompropertysets

Klaus Major kmajor at metascape.org
Tue Jun 18 03:34:01 EDT 2002

Hi Ron,

> Hi
>
> I am making an app with multi-lingual capabilities, viz dialogs, menus
> etc
> need to be in different languages. I would like to respond to the user's
> choice and change the language without restarting. Is this possible?

Yes;-)

> I have started making a custompropertyset for each language and the
> necessary keys. My question concerns the ability to set the
> customproperties. I would like to call the customset from the main
> stack and
> have all other objects able to reference that. I don't want to set the
> custompropertyset in each object. Is this possible? If so, do I put all
> the
> keys in the main stack and call them from there or do I put them in each
> object and call only the key from the object or better, the object's
> stack?

Try to make it as modular as possible.
So putting the strings into one (main-)stack and calling them from other
stacks will be most efficient.

You could also consider to put the different languages into TXT-files.

So changing them will not be as difficult (a pain in the ass ;-) as
changing zillions of customprops ;-)

RR is fast enough to read in even big files on the fly.

Then you could store them in customprops.

> thanks
> Ron

Hope that helps...

Regards