selected chunk

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 16 15:01:01 EDT 2002

--- John Cuccio <jcuccio at pacbell.net> wrote:
> The selectedChunk docs states something about the
> insertion point if no text
> is selected in a field. Being the start and end
> chars -1. My want to look
> into using the selectedtext
>
> put "<b>"&(the selectedtext of me)&"<b/>" into the
> selectedline

You could change that into

  put "<b>"&(the selectedtext of me)&"<b/>" \
    into the selectedchunk

I'd say the main reason why it doesn't work when you
first
  put "<b>" before the selectedChuck
and then
  put "</b> after the selectedChunk
is that the first will change the selectedChunk and
set the insertion point after what you just inserted.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish
at the same time."  (De Rochefoucald)