QT initialization

Kurt Kaufman kurtkaufman at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 13 22:09:01 EDT 2002

 From the Transcript Dictionary:

"It can take Revolution a second or two to load the code needed to use
QuickTime, depending on the machine speed. Since this code is only
loaded once per session, you can speed up the first occurrence of a
QuickTime-related action by calling the QTVersion function during
otherwise dead time—for example, during startup of your application—to
preload the code."

I have done this in a preopencard handler, however the first time I
request QT services thereafter I still get about a 2 second delay.

-Kurt