Change the icon on Windows?

Magnus von Brömsen webmaster at studioalice.se
Wed Jun 12 07:45:01 EDT 2002

Hello Jan

(Sorry for not coming back to you earlier).
I tried your suggestion - change the extension from .bmp to .ico - but
in the properties window for my .exe (standalone) file I have no button
for changing the icon. But if I make a "shortcut" I can change that icon
in the properties window. But just only for the shortcut.

I also looked around on Download.com -- but everything I tried was only
for creating icons.  You don't happens to know the name of a app that
can do what need?

/magnus