Change the icon on Windows?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 10 09:38:01 EDT 2002

Hi Magnus,

There are plenty of freeware/shareware utilities for
this on http://www.download.com, but I can give you
the following tip:

Save the Photoshop-made icon as a .bmp file, and then
change the extension from .bmp to .ico
Then  you can assign this file as the icon of the
program via the "Change icon..." button in the
"Properties" window in the WIndows Explorer.
Downside of this approach is that the icon is a
separate file, but again, one of the utilities on
download.com can 'move' these into your .exe file.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more
foolishg at the same time."  (De Rochefoucald)

--- Magnus_von_Brömsen <webmaster at studioalice.se>