editMenus Problem

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sun Jun 9 02:38:00 EDT 2002

At 7:34 AM -0700 6/22/2002, Rick Harrison wrote:
>> The only thing I can think of is - is it possible your stack has more than
>> one card and one or more of the menubar groups isn't placed on all of them?
>> That might cause this behavior, if you set the menubar to a group that
>> isn't on the current card.
>
>I tried a test stack which pointed out to me that it was a problem of
>going from one card to the next.  I was going from a card without a
>menubar group to a card with a menubar group.  Does this mean that
>I have to have a menubar group on every card and set it for every
>card I open?  I don't need the menubar on the other cards at all.

Mrph. It would be normal though on Windows and Unix platforms (which have
the menu bar in the window) to consistently keep the same menu bar
regardless of card, so it's advantageous to show a menu bar on each card
for consistency's sake.

On Mac OS and OS X, of course the menu bar doesn't need to be placed on the
current card to be displayed. But it's easy enough to place an existing
menu bar on all the cards of a stack. This one-time code snippet will do it:

  repeat with x = 1 to the number of cards
    if there is no group "My Menus" of card x
    then place background "My Menus" onto card x
  end repeat

You don't need to set the menubar every time you go to a card - just set it
once and it will be respected on any card that has that group.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/