item delimiter

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Jun 7 14:31:01 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, June 5, 2002, at 11:08 PM, David Vaughan wrote:

>> what's the ASCII code for the pipe char ?
> It's charToNum("|")

Long ago, when we programmed on clay tablets, the ASCII name for
this character was vertical line.  I think it may have changed to
vertical bar in later years, and as far as I know, perhaps it has
changed to pipe in recent years.  However, I don't think the name
pipe is meaningful to many people who are not command-line
programmers.  Or am I being an old grump?

Dar Scott