License Prices

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Thu Jun 6 20:27:01 EDT 2002

At 3:36 PM -0700 6/6/02, Judy Perry wrote:
>But the pro version for a single SOHO user is still way too expensive.
>However, if you're interested,  here are the reasons you'll see trotted
>out:
>
>Director costs more.  Toolbook costs more.  XYZ app for Unix costs more.
>If you're a  real pro, you shouldn't mind paying this much money... HC
>users are spoiled by the unreal cost of HC.  And so on.

I won't say that anyone is spoiled by the low cost of HyperCard. Bear in mind, though, that the list of tools that cost more (much more in many cases) is longer than can be "trotted out" in a single email. There are also free tools TCL/tk; Rebol; some Java environments. It comes down to a choice of what you get for what an environment costs you.

For me, Java, etc. aren't "free." They cost a lot of my time and effort spent figuring them out. There's some of that with Revolution, too, but far less.

When you factor in power vs. ease of use, I think it's hard to find a tool that offers more than Revolution that costs less.
--

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com