[INFO] libSMTP v1.0.0

Dreamscape Software webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Mon Jun 3 17:06:01 EDT 2002

> libSMTP is a complete SMTP library handling not only the SMTP session, but
the actual encoding of the messages as well.

> Features:
> - full header support for such things as: notification, reply-to,
x-mailer, etc
> - file attachments
> - plain text and html message bodies*
> - quoted-printable to handle accented characters (iso-8859-1 for now)
> - authenticated SMTP sessions

This sounds very interesting.  Would this library allow me to write an
E-Mail client?

After using Eudora, Claris E-Mailer, Netscape Communicator, Outlook Express
and Mail I found that they contain features that I do not like, and want to
turn off.  But in most cases, I can't.  Microsoft Entourage, for example,
has these buttons in the top-left hand corner of the screen for the Address
Book, Calendar, etc.  All I want Entourage for is the e-mail, and I don't
want to see those icons there.  Well, unfortunatly, I can't figure out how
to get rid of them so I'm stuck with them.

Basically I'd like to write an e-mail client that is powerful, and doesn't
make you go crazy with it's quirks.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software, Inc.
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/