Dynamic Data

Tony Moller tony.moller at drcs.com
Wed Jul 31 11:33:01 EDT 2002

on 7/31/02 11:18 AM, Klaus Major at k_major at os.surf2000.de wrote:

>>> are allowing the user to create new stacks, Employee Database.rev is
>>> overkill.
>> Okay. So, If I set up a standalone like this:
>> Main stack -> spash screen (opens data stack)
>>   data stack -> substack to save data
>> Then the data stack is always saved? Or not? I think I'm missing
>> something
>> with the EmpDD substack example.
>>
>> Tony
>
> no, not quite.
>
> Main stack -> spash screen (opens data stack)
> ## OK
>  data stack -> substack to save data
> ## NO substack, please, since it is part of the mainstack and thus part
> of
> the standalone, that cannot be saved.
>
> Make the datastack a separate stack.

Klaus,

I think you've hit upon my confusion. If the data is a separate stack
(opened by the main stack), how is that all bundled together into a
standalone so that the data stack is still user modifiable/saved?

Tony

P.S. Where in DE? I've been to Frankfurt once, and still have friends there.
Tony Moller - Network Admin
DRCS
6849 Old Dominion Drive - Suite 320
McLean, VA 22101