Disappearing text

Greg Wills gwills at ozemail.com.au
Wed Jul 31 04:32:01 EDT 2002

Hi All. Thanks for all your contributions, I enjoy all the
information and discussion.

My little dilemma is different behaviour of an application on a Mac
and Windows. I have two fields. One with locked text (A) to click on
text - to paste it into field (B) - unlocked. Field A has "highlight
clicked lines and selected text", "list behaviour" and "highlight
multiple lines" selected.

On the Mac, when a paragraph is clicked, the top and bottom line are
highlighted. (Not expected behaviour, as I thought that the whole
paragraph would highlight, however does the job.)

When this is save as an application for Windows, when the paragraph
is clicked, the top and bottom lines are visible - but not
highlighted - and the middle text is invisible. Still there, but
while selected invisible.

Three questions.
1. Any explanations for the windows trick.
2. Can the whole paragraph be highlighted - visually - not just top and bottom.
3. Can the delimiter be altered. I assume that the default is one
return character.

Thanks
Greg