Distribution builder icon docs

Michael J. Lew michaell at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jul 30 23:40:01 EDT 2002

OK, I've looked and looked. How do I make and attach a Windows icon
to a standalone using the distribution builder? Every time I try it
complains that I should make a 16 color icon and try again. Even when
I have a 4-bit icon it complains (4 bits is 16 colors, right?).

There seems to be no documentation for the distribution builder and
no documentation for how to do application icons. I have looked
through the list archives and this issue seems to crop up repeatedly.
It is very inconvenient for me to do things on a borrowed Windows
machine so I am reluctant to even start investigating the various
Windows software that has been suggested by others in the past for
this problem. Surely if the distribution builder has a setting to
attach an icon we should be able to attach an icon using the
distribution builder. Has anyone succeeded in attaching an icon using
the distribution builder?

--
Michael J. Lew

Senior Lecturer