brightness & contrast

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Jul 29 10:56:00 EDT 2002

Yes, but it's not "simple". You can change the imageData of an image object
to adjust the pixels that are used in the image. You could theoretically
adjust the "brightness" and "contrast" of an image by running an algorithm
that changed what was displayed for each of those pixels. I don't know where
to go to get the algorithms, but you can go to my site for a quick tutorial
of manipulating imageData to get the feel for what needs to be done.

Go to http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/revolution.htm
Click on Tip 'imag003: Understanding ImageData, MaskData and AlphaData'

Hope this helps,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com