Geometry In "Multi Background" Stacks

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Jul 29 09:01:01 EDT 2002

[I asked:]

>* Stack with 3 card types: title (card 1), index (card 2), and data
>(cards 3 to -1)
>* Stack is resizeable, with min & max dimensions set.
>* Controls on cards 1 & 2 remain in their original locations when
>the stack is resized; however there are at least a dozen controls &
>images on the data cards that change size or location when the stack
>is resized.
>
>Problem:  If I shrink the stack while on card 1 or 2, the images &
>controls on the data cards are still in the expanded position when I
>return to the data.
>
>What must I do to prevent this?

[Sarah replied:]

>Open the card properties, then open the Geometry Manager. You will
>see the various card geometry options, one of which is "Update
>geometry before displaying this card".

Thank you, Sarah, for your contribution to my continuing Revolution
education.  Now that I know the Update geometry property is there,
I'm sure I'll find a use for it.

Before resorting to it in this case, however, I've decided to
experiment with turning the stack's resizable property off when at
the two cards that don't change control/image size or location.  All
remaining cards share a single geometry; so as long as the user
cannot resize the stack when at the two cards that don't, I should be
able to achieve the control I want without Rev checking the geometry
with every card display.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company