Multi stacks = multi processes?

Mike McManus mcmanusm at kramergraphics.com
Fri Jul 26 12:44:01 EDT 2002

I am sure this has come up before, but I can't find it.

I have a stack with substacks that will be handling a number of things
from watching folders, copying files and processing very large files(up
to about 300meg) None of the processes is a killer...under Mac OS X, OS
9 is slow. But now I want to move this whole thing to a more hot folder
based system. Meaning multiple users will be putting multiple files into
folders that my app will then check, move, read and write.  I figure I
can deal with handing of the process to substack or stacks as required,
but I want them to happen simiultaniously?

What I want is to be copying at the same time a file is being read/wrote
and still keep an eye on the directories. each process working with
different files of course.  Normally Rev would not do that. But if I put
the different processes in different STACKS or SUBSTACKS? would I be
able to get this?