Help with setRegistry?

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 25 03:45:01 EDT 2002

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:09:04 -0500 "Ken Ray" <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:

>OK, here's what you do.

[...then a pretty clear explanation - at least it seems clear to one
who is ignorant of the innards of Windows].

Ken, could you possibly put this in context for us Mac-oriented
types? My problem is how to understand how to arrange the
installation of a standalone based on these principles. I mean, in
the Mac, the file association is picked up by the OS as soon as the
an associated file is double-clicked by the user - as far as I
remember there is no installation process as such. Therefore the
first invocation of a standalone in a new Mac is exactly like all
subsequent invocations.

In the PC, it looks as if you need to go through an installation
process which does the kind of thing you have described, but that
this needs to happen only once, on first running the app.
Subsequently the register will already be set in that particular
machine and will not have to be set again unless some un-install
process has been carried out... or do I misunderstand the whole idea?
Is it mandatory to run an actual installer to install a Windows app?
Do different flavours of the OS need different flavours of installer?
Pardon my ignorance, but I am still lurking here, not having really
taken off into Revo development yet, and coming from a Mac/SuperCard
background.

TIA

Graham