playStopped use

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sun Jul 21 18:52:01 EDT 2002

At 3:37 PM -0700 7/21/2002, Kurt Kaufman wrote:
>I know this has been discussed before, but I unfortunately still don't
>"get it":
>I need to open up a number of movies one after another, and I'm trying
>to use the playStopped message.
>
>The docs say:
>"The playStopped message is sent when the movie or sound reaches its
>end, or when a play stop command executes."
>
>It seems that a handler for playStopped needs to be placed in the script
>of the player itself.  Is there any way I can send "notification" of the
>player's having stopped to a button, or to the card or stack script?

You can just put the handler in the card or stack script. If the player
itself doesn't handle the playStopped message, it gets passed to the object
that owns the player (for a player that's not part of a group, the owning
object is the card). If the card doesn't handle playStopped, it's passed on
to the stack.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/