cloned stacks persistence

Ron rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Thu Jul 18 19:07:01 EDT 2002

Hi

I would like to allow the user to open a new document as many times as they
want during a session, like most word processor or spreadsheet apps do. I
thought that the best way to do this was to make a template stack and then
use the clone command. I also set a counter that is updated each time a new
stack is opened so that they do not all have the same name but 'new wd 1',
'new wd 2' etc.

This works and creates stacks that show up in the application overview. I
made a loop that deletes the cloned stacks from the main application on quit
that also works. But is it necessary? It seems that cloned stacks are
automatically deleted from the main application.

What happens to cloned stacks once the application quits?

Thanks
Ron